Sao Paulo North Mission

Sao Paulo North Mission
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Monday, October 29, 2012 - I Must Be a Reptile!

Okay so the topic for today may be a little weird but I will explain myself! :)

First lets talk about the good things that happened this week. We had 2 of the people we are teaching come to church.   One we will be marking a baptismal date with her this week and explaining that yes you can be baptised again because you only took a bath the first time because she wasnt baptized under the authority that would be necessary if we are to follow Christ who was baptized by a worhty and true priesthood holder. Here we come with scriptures and salvation.  Also it was beautiful weather this week and it could not be better! It will only get better. I must be a very sweet person because the mosquitos just seem to love me while  I sleep! We found some new investigators this week and they seem to have a very deep interest in the gospel and partaking of the fruits that the gospel will help them produce. And a blessing as always would be that we "were worthy to suffer persecution in the Name of the Lord." (Acts 5:31) :) 

This week we had a special conference with our mission because of an inspiration that our Mission President recieved and decided that it could not wait until December. Man was everyone nervous , exept me. :) I even tried  to make a bet with my companion that this conference was not to just be a rebuking fest of the Pres. I was rather on the contrary. I was expecting a straightening of a few of the things that were wrong in the mission and then to recieve instructions of how to be better missionaries and really get to hear some good stuff and how the President had an inspiration of things to do. It actually had to do with the special assignment he gave us to read The Book of Acts in 4 days and how that we should have learned a few things from the assigmnent he gave us and that we would recieve the same revelation he recieved if we asked the Lord! How cool is that? Needless to say it was a super great conference and it is always nice to see a lot of those friendly faces and people  you don't get to see very much!

Okay now lets get to why I am a reptile! That statement was based on I love the heat and the sun! I mean it is frying outside but it is not even close to reaching St. George or Fresno heat so it is all good! Not to mention that when I am in the sun I feel like someone is pumping energy into me! The only time that it becomes dangerous is when I have sweated so much that the sunscreen has melted off of my face and I have to reapply! Yup I love the sun but my skin is a natural enemy! Although it gets to be really tough if we get to talking to someone in their house because they usually turn the lights off so that it is cooler and well like a good reptile I just want to sleep so I start to yawn and can't stop and my companion starts to go to sleep on me at times because the heat just sucks the energy right out of him and me, but I still love the sun! It is way better than a rainy day or a cloudy day! For me I just say bring on the heat because it just makes another excuse to stop and ask for a cup of water so that we can talk to the person. Including one time this week a person felt pity for us and invited us to come in and sit down, so logically I got to talking and having a g ood time and found out that they had had an unfortunate death in the family and he was really bothered about what another religion had said so I opened up the Bible and the Book of Mormon and we said a prayer and got to it! He didn't accept to let us come back because he wanted his religion and I was a little sad because you could tell he loved to hear our message from the word of god, but yet he still chooses to be blind to  the truth!  Maybe one day he will recognize what we said to be true and the seed that we planted will grow so that he can  recieve the plentitude of blessings that The Lord will drop on his doorstep in return for entering into the kingdom of god.  Follow the first 4  principles and ordinances of the  Gospel of Christ! Check out Hebrews 6:1-2  this was my scripture for the week.

Oh and I almost forgot! Our Sunday School teacher didn't show up on Sunday so I winged the lesson and man did I do a good job! It was on Temple Work and Family History! Those are two things that I am not very confortable teaching but luckily the Holy Spirit was with me and gave me a sweet game plan!

The people in the class asked very few questions and all of them commented on how clear I was about it that they understood! Man I sure do love teaching about the gospel of Christ. Any part of it always has something new to learn and when you are the one teaching I feel like you learn so much more . I can just say that luckily the Lord is helping because otherwise we all know that I would complicate things until I made the earth spin the other way!   ;)

With laughs and a boisterous smile. I love you all and miss you like a fish misses water!

Elder Kyle John Hendrixson!

{Surprise! Kyle is truly a Hendrixson - the son of a reptile and the grandson of a reptile!!  Who would have guessed!! }

No comments:

Post a Comment