Sao Paulo North Mission

Sao Paulo North Mission
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Monday, September 3, 2012 - The Week of BEEF!!


Alright well I litterally laughed a ton this week! We had many a hilarious thing happen and we have been working super hard and I think that littereally everyday we spent over niine hours standing and talking to people. To the point where my companion started complaining about his knees hurting and well I have to admit, I need to lose some weight cause my feet hurt. OR it could be because I have feet that are as flat as a pancake!

ONe day this week my companion and I had our lunch fall through so we had to buy our own and well we both didnt have our wallets so luckily we scrounged up 10 bucks from change and our reserves we keep in case of emergencies and well we bought what looked like a log, made of bread and stuffed with super yummy sausage and bacon and cheese! We ate that and then sat down in the shade to take a nap and well we were both so tired, we had a great nap!

We made quite a few contacts and really we just had a really great time laughing at our stories from life and well lets just say that you see some really funny stuff happen here in Brazil.

Probably my favorite visit we made this week was with a less active mom who has two teenage daughters. No, it is not my favorite because they are beautiful but it sure is easy on the eyes. It was my favorite because she had grilled up a quarter half of beef just for her self in hopes that some other people would come along and visit and have some to eat and talk to her. WHich I am sure the Holy Spirit led us there or as Reed would say, "THis boy can smell tri-tip a mile a way!" One sad thing is that Thanksgiving is coming and well lets just say I dont think that it is a holiday here in Brazil . . . bummer!

The story about the less active is that her first husband died-here in Brazil having a husband is rare, she only lived with him. Oh and she only had like 40 years. Then she grabbed another one after becoming a member of the church and was planning on marrying and all the arrangements were set. They were a month away and he died in a mortorcylce accident to leave her alone and pregnant! SO she has been having a really tough time so we have been visiting a lot to try and get her to come back to church and so that we can baptise here 14 year old daughter because the 19 year old is already baptized and somewhat active but her family is keeping her from that because they go on vacation together and they are really united which is awesome. I just wish that they were united together in the church. Oh and her beef was really good and not to mention that we were really hungry!

Other than that this week was pretty awesome in and of the fact that we had a second lesson with a very special daughter of god who will be baptised this next weekend but she doesnt live in our area but she is the girlfriend of one of our members and she is just well probably one of the best people I have met here in Brazil but I do have a conviction that it was me and my companion specifically that needed to teach her and not anyone else!

My phrase this week was either "Akuna Matata" or bring on the heat! Man was it hot thisweek or what! I mean I literally felt like I was back to a St. George summer which I am pretty sure that Willford Woodruff said that it is like hell on earth but I could be wrong! ;) It was a great week of sun and heat and man I am liking it. In about January I will be saying the exact opposite!

I love you all very much and miss you lots and hope that life is going well for all of you! Not to let you think I am slacking or anything but I will admit I pray for all of you everyday except for one time this week when I fell asleep in my prayer before I got to family and friends because you always save the best for last! I woke up in a very uncomfortable posittion . . . moral, just skip the prayer and go to bed? No just summarize a lot faster and dont rest your head on the pillow while saying your prayer! :D

Love,

Elder Hendrixson

No comments:

Post a Comment