Sao Paulo North Mission

Sao Paulo North Mission
Sao Paulo, Brazil

The Joys of Care Packages!

So the first box I sent Elder Hendrixson had a bunch of goodies in it. Figured after a couple of months in Brazil he was probably ready for some American junk food. I have received several messages regarding the contents. Here are a few comments which made me smile ...

In an email he said: "Thanks for the Oreos I ate them and it was like heaven each and everyone!! interestingly it is so humid here that they get all soft if you leave one on the table!"

The letter I received this week started off with "Can I just say that gummy worms were the best idea ever! They are delicious, they don't melt, and they made a great joke. I got my companion to spew this stuff called tere re. Its this stuff called "yerba mate" which tastes exactly the same as alfalfa but he loves the stuff. I guess it really hurts when you rocket pieces of straw through your nose. Anyways, all I did was stick two worms in my nose, then turn around and he just lost it. It was the best. I laughed till I cried and kept laughing. It was probably the highlight of my week."

Hope he gets his second care package soon, if he hasn't already received it. Even though I send it priority, it still takes FOREVER to reach him. And Courtney and Reed sent him one too!! In the process of putting care package number three together this week. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment