Sao Paulo North Mission

Sao Paulo North Mission
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Monday, May 7, 2012

I am not sure where the time is going, but I have fallen behind in keeping Elder Hendrixson's blog updated.  So here is what we received from him in early May ...


"My new companion is Elder Luna and he is from Joao Pessoa, Paraiba and he only has two months left on his mission and he is really awesome and I am learning a lot from him and he is learning from me.

Missionaries have been in this house for 7 years. They have never painted it and there is so much smog in the air that the walls are black.

The paint they used is terrible! I can litterally wash it off with a rag! Not to mention they painted it and were not patient so it bubbled, especially on the yellow walls, so I have been filling the settlement cracks and holes in the wall with concrete and then get to use a finishing product to make the wall smooth so that we can paint by saturday! Where I will find the time? Who knows but it will get done. I love having a Dona of the house that whines and complains about everything in life and is happy with nothing and everything is someone elses fault! This has been the story for the last 5 years and they havent painted the house in five years! Finally they gave in and I have the privelage of getting to have both the managers of the house treat me like I know nothing just because I am supposedly an American who has never lifted a finger to work in my life. Sadly, they have no idea what the truth is. Lets just say the patch work of Jair is about that of a five year old!

Needless to say today was a good break from the missionary work but I was glad to have an excuse to leave the house and not have to have Jair sneaking in and out like a phantom with his weezing cause he smoked too many cigarrettes! Man he gets on my nerves really bad!

 Other than that this week has been really great! We have been making a lot of progress with our investigators and they are fullfilling their parts! We had a really interesting lesson where literally Satan incarnate walked in, right in the middle, and then we had to try and salvage. It was a bit of a stressful situation. Our investigator was fighting with his girlfriend but he told her not to come over because we were there . . . well she came anyone and totally killed it so we sat and wasted a little time talking about how it is important to have the spirit in a lesson and how when we are upset with the people we love it is even more important to have the spirit be there to guide and direct that we dont create and environment of contention and that we have our relationship include the Lord and the spirit that we are guided better and in a better direction! haha they even listened and she calmed down a lot. Then we finished the lesson. In route to leaving I wished them both just a vague good luck and a wink and we vamosed as fast as our feet would take us-laughin all the way! Man I dont miss having to deal with that problem one bit!

Love,
Elder Hendrixson

No comments:

Post a Comment