Sao Paulo North Mission

Sao Paulo North Mission
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Monday, August 13, 2012

"Alright so this week was a tough one! We only had the ability to teach eight lessons this week which means 40 hours of proselyting! Thats a lot of rejections and very few succeses. Luckily we had a few perks from the investigators that love us. My companion and I recieved three 13X9 pans of Chocolate Cake! Needless to say I am stuffed and I am loving it! Not to mention this means that our investigators really do feel something special about us so that means we can be a little bit tougher on them because all is fair in love and war, right?

The biggest and hardest thing on a mission to do is love the people and love them enough to tell them what they dont want to hear!  I mean it is super tough to sit there and watch what has been their foundation for years crumble and fall and they lose the shine in their eyes and realize that they need to recieve the Holy Ghost and the only way to do that is through being less worldly. Making a few sacrifices and staying true to Christ. It is super sad when you have an investigator with so much potential but they just wont listen correctly. Many people listen but few hear with their spiritual ears and are too caught up on the translations of man and refuse to have the spirit testify of truth.

My message for all those I love this week is to pray, read the scriptures, and listen for the words that will bring a testimony to our hearts and that only comes from the Holy Ghost (2Nephi 33:1-2)

May all of you be part of the choosen and not just of those who were called because the Kingdom of God is becoming even closer each day and if we are of the chosen, we will stand in those last days without the knashing of teeth and wailing that will come when our conscienses are accounted for with a clarity that no man can deny.

Love your neighbor and be brave to share the gospel with those who are your friends and family because we are all children of God and in the last days we will all be brothers and sisters.

Alright so on the funny side! :D We were marking another day to visit one of our investigators and well as she was walking away she blew my companion and I a kiss in front of the Bishop and well needless to say it absolutely floored him, not to mention all the women 15-70 have started referring to my companion and I as dear, honey, beautiful and all the other from above really awkward nicknames. It is rather hilarious! :P

Also we passed by the birthday of a member in the ward just for cake and well while we were singing happy birthday I had the pleasure  of recieving a full glass of soda on top of me. It is a very strange sensation when carbonated water with sugar is spilled on top of you, I also hope it doesnt happen again. Oh and my companion walked into a stop sign! he was busy talking to me and not paying attention!

Pictures, My companion and I were exploring one day and we took a break to realax and decided to take some pictures and we had a little fun just messing around. After we took these we were walking past a shrine of spiritualists and well I didnt know and my companion didnt know and they were moving some palm fronds to the other side of the street and we asked if we could help and well I recieved the response of, "Get thee hence from my prescence SATAN!" Then she started screeming and trembling and talking in a strange language, I almost died of laughing infront of her, so I just kept walking.

Oh and I almost forgot about this experience. My comp and I were walking home one night through our little park of Iniquities: Drugs, marajuana, violation of Chastity, and just about whatever else and we encountered and entire group of spiritualists doing their little ritual cirlce screaming and chanting and well it was all kinds of strange but mostly hilarious!

Love all of you and wish you a super great week! :P

Elder Hedrixson with an X

No comments:

Post a Comment